1. Terms and conditions for use of our website Skinny welcomes you to our website. By viewing the pages of this website, and by ordering and purchasing products or services on this website, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
The information provided in this site is based on information supplied by Skinny (unless otherwise specified), and is intended only as an introduction and guide to Skinny and its range of available products and services. While every endeavour has been made to supply accurate information, errors and omissions may occur.
Accordingly, Skinny does not accept any liability for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly result from any advice, opinion, information, representation or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, contained on this site. Changes or updates to the content of this site may occur without notice.
We may change these terms and conditions at any time by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones. Changes may take the form of completely new terms. We will tell you about any changes by posting the updated terms on our website. Any change we make applies from the date we post it on the website.
2. Conflict with other terms and conditions These terms and conditions apply to your use of this website. In addition, when ordering products or services through this site you will be required to agree to certain additional terms and conditions. If there is any inconsistency between such additional terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, then the additional terms and conditions will prevail to the extent of that inconsistency.
3. Online Orders You must be 18 years or older to place orders for products or services on this site. Any time you order a product or service from Skinny online, you are making an offer to Skinny to purchase that product or service.
Skinny may accept or decline that offer in its sole and absolute discretion. Notwithstanding that Skinny may process payment for an order, an order will not be considered accepted until Skinny dispatches the product or supplies the service.
While we will try our best to accurately show products on our site, some products, especially their colours and sizes, may appear differently on your screen than what they actually are and we dont guarantee that the actual product will look exactly the same as what you can see on your screen.
The products and services available for purchase on this website, including their prices and features, may change at any time without notice.
We may limit the number of products and services you can order on this website at any one time, and your purchases may also be subject to credit card limits.
Delivery of product orders on this website are by courier, within New Zealand only, and need to be signed for. You take responsibility for a delivered product at the time the delivery is signed for by you or on your behalf. We do not accept any liability for any loss, damage or expense caused by a delay in delivery.
Certain products purchased on this website may be returnable under the terms of our Returns Policy. The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 applies to products and services you purchase from this website, unless the product or service you have purchased is for business purposes.
Any information we collect from you during any online orders and purchases you make on this website will be collected, used and stored in accordance with clause 13 of our Customer Terms. If you do not provide all the information we require as part of your order, we may not be able to process and complete your order.
4. Your use of this site You must not use this site or its contents:
- In breach of any legislation or for any unlawful act
- To damage or disrupt this site or any other Skinny website
6. Links The sites linked to this site are not under the control of Skinny. Skinny is not responsible for, and makes no representations, warranties or conditions concerning, the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site.
Skinny provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by Skinny of the linked site.
In accordance with Internet protocol, we require that you request the permission of Skinny to link to this site. If you would like to link to the site please contact us here.
8. Jurisdiction This website is governed by, and is to be interpreted in accordance with, the laws of New Zealand.
"we" or Skinny or "Telecom" means Telecom New Zealand Limited or any related Telecom Group company providing you with our services
"you" means you, the person using our services, or visiting our website
"services" means all goods or services we provide and anything else we do for you, including providing you with access to our website
3. Visitors If you are just surfing and reading information on our website, then we collect and store the following information about your visit:
- the IP address of your machine when connected to the Internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the Internet
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using
- the date and time you are visiting
- the URLs of the pages you visit
- if you provide it, your email address
Although we may publish aggregated information about usage patterns, we do not disclose information about individual machines except for the reasons set out below in this section. We do not sell information which identifies you personally. We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about security issues. If we think it is necessary, we can disclose information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police or the Department of Internal Affairs.
If you choose to provide us with personal information such as your email address, for example by filling out an electronic query or order form, we will use the information only for the purposes that you authorised. Email marketing will only be sent to your email address if you have given your consent.
Personal information will be stored and used in accordance with Skinnys terms. To update your personal information such as billing address you can contact us by calling 0800 4SKINNY (0800 475 4669) or dialing 204 from your Skinny phone.
4. Security When signing in or shopping online, look for the 'padlock' symbol at the bottom of your web browser. The 'padlock' symbol is a certificate of authenticity and ensures the site is secure. You can double-click the padlock symbol to view the certificate's details.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is the most accepted way of ensuring the security of transmitted information to and from Internet sites worldwide. On our site, it operates when you complete and send forms, but not while you are simply surfing the site.
Skinny's website places a cookie on the hard drive of your computer. A "cookie" is a file which allows Skinny to track and target the interests of users,and serve ads based on your prior visits to this website.While we recommend that users enable cookies on their browsers in order to enjoy all the features of the site, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. (The management of cookies will be different depending on each user's PC - refer to your browser help menu for further information).
6. Skinny customers If you are a Skinny customer, Skinny's Customer Terms and Service Terms apply to your use of Skinny services. The Customer Terms set out our commitments to you regarding collecting, holding and using information about you.
7. Skinny email marketing policy In relation to all email marketing activities undertaken by Skinny, we adhere to the following principles
- "Permission" means that informed consent has been given
- Permission must be respected and honoured and may be withdrawn by a subscriber at anytime
- If Permission is withdrawn no further marketing communication may be sent to the subscriber
How do I unsubscribe ("opt out") from email marketing communications? There are three ways to unsubscribe to any email message:
- Follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email
- By phone or in writing using the contact details contained in the message
- Online via the "My Preferences' and 'My notifications' sections of the Skinny website
How do I file a complaint? If you feel that your email address has been used without your permission and contacting the sender has not yielded satisfactory results you can issue a formal complaint by calling 0800 4SKINNY (0800 475 4669) or dial 204 from your Skinny phone or you can contact us by email.
8. Changing this policy We may change this policy at any time by changing or removing existing terms or adding new ones. Changes may take the form of a completely new policy. We will tell you about any changes by posting an updated policy on our website.